Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Saying Yes to the Dress

Well, I've done it! I found a dress! Apparently all it took was one more visit to each, which is great because I don't think I could have put up with the search much longer...  :)

I ended up purchasing the dress I found at Vera's House of Bridals. This ended up being a surprise actually since I'd not expected to find anything at Vera's, but after all the dresses - I did!

So, I'm officially a "Maggie Bride" which is the name given to girls who will be married in Maggie Sottero gowns. I came to the realization tonight that I'm actually an "Erin's Maggie" Bride though, because I'm making a few alterations to the basic design of the dress that I ordered. This will mean a lot more to folks who know that my dog growing up was officially named "Erin's Maggie Malone." Quite fitting and perfect that I'm now an "Erin's Maggie Bride," no?

Now, I have to wait about 5 to 6 months for my dress to actually come, and after that I have two fittings. Luckily, Vera's House of Bridals will store my dress for me and even press it prior to my wedding so I don't have to keep it myself. I can go "visit" my dress as often as I'd like, though - a perk I'm sure I'll take advantage of!

1 comment:

  1. I got my dress from Vera's too and LOVED the girls there!! they were great!

    ReplyDelete